This is a community for queer (gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgendered, androgynous, asexual, pansexual, pomosexual, genderless, etc.) people who live in British Columbia, Canada. Feel free to introduce yourself! This community was run/moderated by girlmecha and mooncookie, now only the latter is handling it all - if you have questions, concerns, or are having trouble with anything, you are welcome to ask her. I have changed the posting settings to unmoderated quite a long time ago due to my busy schedule. I try my hardest to weed out the blatently unnecessary posts/spam, but please be patient as modding this community is not my full time job-although I wish it was :)
Community/Posting Guidelines: MUST READ FOR ALL MEMBERS
1) Posts are to be on topic only. - While we respect that for many queers, sex love and relationships transgress all sorts of gender and orientation categories, this remains a queer space. Postings that undermine this, including postings without any queer content, will be excluded at the discretion of the moderator. This means it is inappropriate to post about your opposite sex partner(s) if it does not relate to being queer in some way. It doesn't, however, mean, that you can't post things like: "So I'm not sure how to come out to my significant other" "I want to explore other options and my significant other doesn't know I'm bi/pan" "Hey, I'm bisexual, and I feel excluded from the queer community because my queerness is invisible to the average person because I'm in a straight relationship" - Appropriate queer content to be determined at sole discretion of the moderators. Period. - Do not post pictures (more than 1) that are not LJ cut (some people are still on dialup), or pictures that are too wide for the community which aren't behind a cut tag. - Do not use the <pre> tag unless it will not break the page and make it scroll forever horizontally.
2) Community promotion is STRICTLY prohibited. Period.
3) Please keep the drama to a minimum.
4) NO HATE. Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgendered, Queer, Intersexed, Genderless - all are welcome.
5) Although friendships formed in this community are encouraged, this is not a dating service. Entries remotely similar to "I'm bored, I want a partner, IM me at -insert address- kthnx" are unappropriate. Of course promotion of queer events that include dating are welcome.
6) All posts not adhering to these guidelines will be deleted without warning. Multiple off-topic/non-rule-adhering posts will result in a ban. "Please don't make us be Nazi Moderator Bitches." I'm a bit more lax than the former moderator, but I will put my foot down on some things.